of the Mind: Cupcakes and Technology

Vert-vert

Wednesday, May 02, 2007
033
033,
originally uploaded by serender.
This cake was made 10/2006 for Joe's birthday. It uses the Vert-vert cake recipe favored by Claude Monet, with a few modifications. I eschewed fondant and stuck with a buttercream. The cake came out incredibly dense, which madame manga from the LJ Community bakery tells me comes from faulty directions. European spongecake is a tricky beast (no leaveners besides lots of fussy, frothy eggs). However, I was told it was quite delicious (I hate pistachio, so I didn't even try it). An ambitious project, I would rate this cake a 4/10 and highly caution anyone trying to use the recipe as its written.
Posted by Caitlin @ 11:46 PM - Permanent link


0 Comments:

Post a Comment




Bakery on flickr.com

About

Blogging and baking out of So.Fla., I am a 20-something IT professional with a penchant for cupcakes and Web 2.0. Formerly a newspaper editor and graphic designer, I like new recipes, intriguing articles, good design and anything shiny. Check back regularly for delicious recipes + photo documentation as well as leads and analysis on all things nerdy.

Archives

♠   Long days, short bytes
♠   A lot of super stuff
♠   boys slappin'
♠   Outside WholeFoods, SRQ, FL, USA
♠   because I screw robots, after all
♠   Linear Light
♠   Wisconsin is just as cold as you'd expect
♠   Excuse the dust
♠   DL: Such Great Heights - John Tejada Remix
♠   5) Obscure but cool, 6) feature in an insta-cool m...


Most recent on flickr.com

Site Info

Powered by 

Blogger
Creative Commons License

Bakery

♥ Cupcake Bakeshop
♥ Tartelette
♥ Culinary Concoctions by Peabody
♥ Lemon Almond
♥ Cooking for Engineers

Geekery

♥ The H Line

The rest

♥ Questionable Content
♥ Dooce
♥ Étant donnés